Sunday, July 02, 2006

The QEIII Heads North

Saturday 24th June saw me load up the QEIII for a trip to Brisbane and some work with m,y clients. This may be the last trip before India so had a few things to sort out. Also Liz decided to fly up after her 4 nights work and I'd pick her up at Coollangatta on the Wednesday. It would be a nice break for her and we'd spend a few days with Wendy and Nick.

As usual I loaded the QEIII and headed off up the New England. I have a number of spots along the highways which are ideal for an overnight stop and after calling in to see Bill at the Guyra Roadhouse and having a hot coffee I ended up at the Heritage Park rest area just north of Glen Innes.

It was bloody cold during the night and when I woke at 7am the side glass was thick with ice. When I managed to open the slide door this is what I saw...















Clear skies and sub-zero temperatures during the night high up on the Great Divide had resulted in a heavy frost covering the landscape and it looked magical.


The video and digital cameras got a workout and my scenic overnight camping spot meant I caught a cold which lasted the rest of the week.

Very picturesque but you need those woolies!

No comments: