Friday, June 20, 2008

India and Malaysia 2008

Well, just one more sleep until Liz, Charlie and I board MH121 from Sydney to Bangalore via Kuala Lumpur. It's gonna be a long flight ... we depart Sydney at 2:20pm and arrive in Bangalore at 11:30pm Indian time. I will really perfect my Sudoku by the time we land.

All reports are that it is going to be hot, hot hot. That will be a change from the dismal and cold Sydney of the past few weeks. But I know what Indian summers are like and it's gonna be a shock for the first few days.

This time 6 years ago I was in Nepean Hospital after having a heart attack on the 18th June. So I reckon I am having a second chance at living and I'm gonna make the best of it.

To all our friends who wished us well, thanks. To my old traveling mate Ian ... sorry about your Mum and I wish you and Linda were coming along too. It would be a hoot. I'll be sure and give your regards to all the taxi drivers and rickshaw wallahs in Puttaparthi.

Anyway, we'll take lots of pictures and try and keep this blog interesting so stay tuned.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Have a great trip, Dave. Looking forward to seeing those photos on Flickr.