Monday, June 15, 2009

The Lowest Point in Australian TV History

I hardly know where to start this and I have purposely put off writing this because I have been absolutely filthy over the Chaser stunt involving the Make a Wish Foundation.

If you don't know what I am talking about then it's best you remain ignorant of the issue as it is the lowest point in Australian TV history and that's not just my assessment of the segment which went to air on the ABC a couple of weeks ago.

After the usual TV executive bullshit and spin, the CEO of the ABC Mark Scott has finally demoted... yes demoted but not sacked ... Amanda Duthie, the head of ABC Comedy. In my opinion, and that of thousands of other Australians, she and the whole Chaser team of morons should be sacked and publically shamed at every opportunity. To make kids with terminal illness the subject of a so-called satirical skit is in the worse taste but what amazes me even more are the morons and half-wits who support the Chaser and in particular the skit in question. It really says something of the society we live in today.

I know this sounds cruel but I really hope Duthie and the Chaser idiots contract a terminal illness... then lets see if they think that's funny.

No comments: