Sunday, July 25, 2010

Waking up in Heaven

I had to travel to Brisbane recently on business and I decided to include a photo shoot along the way. Leaving home on Monday I planned to overnight in the QEIII at Brooms Head on the NSW North Coast. Liz and I had stayed in a B&B here a couple of years ago and we promised ourselves we'd go back some time and spend a little longer.

I arrived at the Brooms Head Caravan Park in the rain about 10pm and as I had booked ahead, I found myself in a spot right on the beach. Of course I couldn't see a thing in the dark but going to sleep with the rain on the roof and the gentle sound of waves in the background was just great.

I planned to try and capture the sunrise and when the alarm went off at 5:30am it was hard to leave the warmth of the QEIII and venture out into the cold, but when I looked out the window I thought I had died and gone to heaven. What a view to wake up to!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: