Friday, November 17, 2006

I Wuzz There!

The Aussie movie The Dish was on TV tonight and although I've seen it a few times it still brings back memories of those magical days back in 1969, when I was in Year 12 at High School and half the school crowded into the theatre to watch Neil Armstrong step onto the moon.

The images were grainy and not like the crystal clear TV pictures of today but while I watched the film I had a thought. In all of history ... I was there when the FIRST man flew in space and I was there when the FIRST man stepped on the moon. I have lived in interesting times.


I watched Uri Gagarin's Sputnik streak across the Sydney night sky on April 12 1961 and I watched Neil Armstrong land on the moon on July 20 1969. Amazing stuff even after all these years.

No comments: